Blue Flower

 

To bring everyone up to date the site appears to have been hacked toward the end of the third week in April to send out spam mail. That resulted in our hosting service pulling the site offline.

So I'm rebuilding the site in Joomla from scratch more or less.

There are two considerations that led me to that course.

  1. I do not have the time to spend going through the code looking for the malicious bits
  2. I've been wanting to redesign the site to get past the limitations of Wordpress for some time now

So this appears to be a good time to do the rebuild.

I was originally planning to move to Drupal but that requires learning a completely new platform and since I have at least a little experience helping building and maintaining Joomla sites I decided to go with Joomla. 

 

I have copies of the most recent articles posted on the old site though I'm not sure whether I'll bother posting them.

People come to the site to access the Library not listen to the Librarian ramble. 

All of the books in the library are still online and I'll rebuild the Indexes first thing and push them up as quickly as possible. Since I have all of the old index data in spreadsheets which I used to generate the old indexes it shouldn't take too long to just build some different macros and such to create the new indexes.

For the time being I'm not going to worry about making it pretty.

I'll get the indexes back up and once that's done, so that access to the Library books is functional, then I'll deal with the cosmetics. 

The Librarian

p.s. I expect to have the Indexes back up within the next 24-48 hours